Wednesday, June 18, 2003

Movies I love

I have been reading Sophie's World by Jostein Gaardner. In this book, a mysterious philosopher starts sending letters to a 14 year old Norwegian girl telling her all about the history of the last 3000 years of western philosophy. (The story later becomes more complicated). Early on in the book, one of these letters is concludes by saying that the next lesson will move on to the three greatest Greek philosophers: Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle. Fine.

The sad thing, though, is that I cannot hear these three names together without hearing the voice of Wallace Shawn in the film of The Princess Bride saying "Morons!", and giggling. If you have seen the film, you will know what I mean.

Some people will have noticed that the list of books I am reading that is in the left sidebar hasn't changed much in recent months, and although several books have been added in the last few months, none have been removed. Somewhat sadly, I haven't been reading much lately, at least not in the form of books. I must get back to them.

No comments:

Blog Archive