Thursday, April 24, 2003

One more thing to buy when I get a job

My very own sub-orbital spaceship. (Okay, it needs to be a good job). Amongs other things, it looks like the sort of thing that every James Bond villain needs. Plus, "Proteas" is just the right sort of name. "Mr President, if you do not have twelve billion dollars transferred to my Swiss account in the next hour, then you will have to face the consequences of project Proteas".

Also, Dale Amon gets to do really cool things.


Sometimes things cross my desk which are so interesting I have to just pass them on verbatim. I've been expecting this one for years. In 1999 I walked under the wings of the Proteus high altitude aircraft in the Rutan hanger at Mojave. I knew immediately that Rutan had to be thinking of this as a first stage prototype.

No comments:

Blog Archive