Monday, July 05, 2004

Uh-huh

Those of my readers who regularly blog for Moveable Type blogs will know that MT has e-mail notification of comments. If someone leaves a comment on one of your posts, you are sent an e-mail informing you of this fact, and containing the comment. Unless a serious argument gets going in the comments section, most comments are received in the 24 hours or so after you make your post. Often you get a trickle of comments after that, but usually only a trickle.

Which I was surprised to turn on my computer this afternoon to discover that I had received four comments in half an hour on this Samizdata quote of the day I posted last week. One doesn't normally get many comments on quote postings anyway. My first thought was that the comments were spam, which is the usual explanation when once gets lots of comments all at once on old postings. But no, these were normal comments from people who had read the post. What would explain it?

Oh. This would explain it.

No comments:

Blog Archive