Friday, April 04, 2003

Under the water

I am in Paris. Oddly, I haven't been here since 1994, although physically the place doesn't appear to have changed much. The train from Waterloo to Gare du Nord the channel tunnel really does make getting to Paris extremely easym though. I am presently just across the road from the Pompidou Centre, a building that I discover that I like rather more than I did ten years ago. Part of that may be that the French has spent a large sum of money cleaning the building up, and the building now looks brand new, whereas a decade ago it looked rather run down. Another thing is that I think the building may really be a crucial building in the evolution of urban architecture, something I didn't have the education to appreciate a decade ago. More on this later.

No comments:

Blog Archive